Posted by Pop on 06/16
I have been shooting with deadeye a LOT in the past few
weeks and have some observations that I would like clarified.
1. Aiming doesn't seem to do squat. Well, that's not true
I get a more consistent higher damage message with I aim 2-3
times than aiming once or not aiming at all.
2. Aiming 4-5 times does nothing to help me except increasing
the chance to snipe certain 'snipeable' mobs. The damage message
aiming 4 times is no different than aiming 2 times and is
nor more consistent.
3. Aiming 5 times results in a shot which does not give
a damage message at all! Ridiculous.
$. Never once, not 1 time, have I stunned a mob after having
aimed 1,2,3,4, or 5 times at said mob. But I probably stun
around 5% of the time against mobs when I don't aim at all.
5. I use the most accurate bow in the game and the highest damage (at leas
t that I have found) Plus, it is damn near impossible
to get the accuracy echo'd from armsloring a bow even when
I have deadeye! Also ridiculous.
So having said this, I would like to know the answers to
several questions that have been a brewing in my mind.
1. What do the damage messages correspond to in hp terms?
2. Does hitroll matter for shooting purposes?
3. Does aiming really help the chances of a stunning shot?
(If it does, I don't believe this part of the code is working
4. How is damage calculated with bows? How can I increase the
chances of a stunning shot?
5. Does the ammo matter when shooting at all....i.e. using a quiver
instead of a single arrow?
6. Does adding flame or a spell to arrows change anything about
the damage done or the chances for stunning?
Thursday, June 14 2001, 01:27PM
Ok, well I figured out the damage messages and a bug.
There is no damage message over 40 hp per shot. That's
not good! Well, still want to know about stunning shots.
Thursday, June 14 2001, 06:47PM
A few quick comments on the shoot code:
First, it's not ideal -- we know that. A lot of things aren't taken
into consideration at the levels and location that we'd like. We have
no timeline for work on improving the shoot code at this time.
Second, a quick note -- the messages given by the shoot code are an
indication of the quality of the shot, not of the damage done by the
shot. The quality of the shot (where it hits, how well it hits) play
a significant role in the damage, but it's not the only factor.
Saturday, June 16 2001, 03:45AM
hmm, damroll effectiong shoot, never thought of that. would almost
make a str shooter worth having. I have an alt that I should try itout wit