LegendMUD Hero ApplicationPlease be sure to read the Player Code of Conduct and the Immortal Code of Conduct before continuing. These are the rules that every player and immortal on Legend must follow. It is expect that the Heroes will be strong examples and advocates of these rules.
I. The Proposal Process
A. Before You Propose
Before you rush through this application, slow down and ask yourself if you really want to apply. Becoming a Hero, even though not as time consuming as being an immortal, will require you to spend a part of your Legend-related time on activities other than just playing the game. We expect Heroes to be able to invest at least 5 hours per week on their assigned duties. This is not meant to sound discouraging, but merely pointing out that becoming a Hero is not a step to be taken lightly. This status might be considered as part of an overall package towards immorting should you decide to do so. However, it does not replace the immortal application and it's process. Heroes are not considered immortals and remain level 50 characters.
B. The Process
In order to become a Hero, you will have to go through the following process:
- Speak with a Senior immortal or a Department head prior to applying.
- Submit a proposal to the Implementors(firstname.lastname@example.org) as a .txt file attachment. The application is included below. You must be Level 50 to apply.
- If your proposal is accepted, you will be promoted to Hero status and receive emails from the Hero mailing list. A Senior Immortal will contact you through the email list or directly in-game to help organize your list of tasks.
- 1 year time limit with a commitment of 5 hours per week minimum.
- Duties will be as assigned, but could include any of the following: Pre-installation testing of code snapshots and/or areas. Web and community contribution.
- Contribution to the LegendMUD exposure on the web. We request that Heroes vote on the MUD ranking sites on a daily basis.
- Acceptance of the Immortal Code of Conduct.
1) Which character would you like to become a hero?
2) Do you have other characters? Please list them all and whether or not they are in an account. Please list all characters, past and present.
3) What email address can you be reliably reached at?
4) How long have you played LegendMUD?
5) What are your major contributions to LegendMUD?
6) Have you ever been disciplined by the immorts of LegendMUD? If so, what for and how often? Which of your characters was it if it wasn't a currently played one?
7) Why would you like to become a hero? What advantages and disadvantages do you see in becoming a hero?
8) Which of these Hero duties are you most interrested in?
- testing a new area
- testing new code
- contributing to web/community development/marketing projects
9) Please describe your approach for testing a new mob? for a new run zone? What would you test first? Do you have any specific checks you would like to perform?
10) Players have reported the following bugs to you, explain what you
would do with the information given.
[Bug] I think the steal command is broken again...
[Bug] There's no way Erin is a solo mob!!
[Bug] Queen Dido should respond to Tyre and Phoenicia
11) As a player, which specific types of problems or bugs tend to bother you the most?
12) What experience do you bring with you that would help in the Hero position?
13) Which mud clients, if any, are you familiar with?
14) What is your favorite feature or aspect of Legend?
15) How would you describe it to someone who is familiar with mudding but not familiar with Legend? How would you describe it to someone who is familiar with gaming but not mudding or Legend? How would you describe it to a non-gamer?